Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Alternate Ending-

Nora : [picking up her bag] : Oh, Torvald - there would have to the greatest miracle of all
Helmer : Oh my love please, please, please tell me what would it be
Nora : You would have to divorce me ...
Helmer : [looks down] : Divorce ? Divorce Nora ! After all I did for you, for the past eight years. Why divorce me now?
Nora : Ive been suppressing this for a while now, I just feel this way because you never treat me like you wife, you talk to me like I'm one of your children, for the past eight years you've been controlling my life and I can't let that happen anymore. I'm a woman who is tired of getting treated like a nobody. The way you treat me is like your looking at a stick, a helpless stick, a stick that can't do anything.
Helmer : Nora why didn't you tell me you felt this way? I really felt a capricious change in your marriage. Its like we both drifted away from each other . I feel like this is my fault because I've never gave you the chance to express yourself to me. basically I've never really gotten to know the real you..
Nora : [ sits down at the table] : Helmer , I've tried to stave the feelings that i have for you.
Helmer : Why do such a thing?
Nora : Ive been doing that because I'm not happy and I don't want to feel sorry for you at this very moment
Helmer : mhmm I see... where are you going to go to live ?
[Door knocks]
Maid : Sir, Dr.Rank is here may he come into your study?
Helmer : Yes he may enter
Dr.Rank : [Looks at Nora] : Did you tell him yet hunny?
Nora : No I haven't, I was about to , but then you came, so I shall tell him now
Helmer : Tell me what ? [Confused]
Nora : uhhh Torvald... Im leaving you for Dr.Rank, he's the type of person to give me a chance to see the world and he understands my need. He's the man that I want to be with.
Helmer : [Drinks a glass of water] OH MY.. isn't he dying .. when he's dead how are you going to support yourself... Nora do you hear the madness that your saying?
Nora : Dr.Rank isn't dying anymore, he found a cure to his sickness , and it was all a stage act , to put on for you.
Helmer : You are a very brutal woman Nora , how am I supposed to explain this to the kids ?
Nora : Im sure you'll find a way somehow.. anyways I have the Divorce papers right here, do you mind signing them now?
Helmer : [Slams glass to the floor] [he screams] : GET OUT OF MY HOUSE NOW , NEVER RETURN HERE AGAIN, YOUR ALREADY DEAD TO ME, [points to Dr.Rank] AFTER ALL I DID FOR YOU , YOU DO THIS TO ME !!!! LEAVE RIGHT NOW!!
[Nora and Dr.Rank flew out the door into the streets] 
Nora : Do you think he'll remain angry ?
Dr.Rank : Obviously, you just left him for me..
[Nora and Dr.Rank both were in love and wanted a new beginning]

4 comments:

  1. Nice ending! I never pictured Nora leaving Torvald for Dr.Rank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same, but I wanted to make my ending a little interesting

      Delete
  2. i commented on Walberto, Izhani and Gia's blog post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! That's cruel to do to Torvald. He just found out that his wife is leaving him, his best friend has been lying to him about his terminal disease, and now his best friend just stole his wife! On the bright side, now Nora will have all the money she wants to squander.

    ReplyDelete