My opinion on Nora and Helmer's relationship is that he treats her as if thats his daughter, the way he talks to her " Is that my little skylark twittering out there?". I find that very surprising because in todays century husbands and wives approach there spouses differently. Nora's character is ravishing, she's still young and attractive. The way Helmer treats her is like she's stupid or like I said before as if that was his daughter for example "Scampering about like a little squirrel". I would not like anyone talking to me like that, i find that unusual and uncomfortable. Also Nora shouldn't lie to her husband like that because once you lie it leads to another and when you lie it will cover up the truth for an amount of time until it comes out. To her husband she's frivolous, or at least thats how she acts around him. One minute she acts innocent around her husband but behind closed doors she isn't. She acts innocent but in her mind she knows what she's doing. Believe it or not this actually surprises me because I've never read a story with a twist like this.
The interactions between Krogstad and Nora is surprising because when your reading about them you would've never known that they actually knew each other. If I was in Nora's situation I would eventually tell my husband where I really got the money from, instead of lying and bringing more lies into my "happy home". I basically think that Helmer has no clue what will come at him, if she tells him or he finds out. He would be ashamed of his wife because she went behind his back and did a scheme full thing. I don't that would ruin his reputation because she did it to help him. All she has to do is tell him the truth. When Nora forged her fathers signature she should of thought about what she was doing because she got caught for lying and forging it. She did what she had to do ... HOUSE FULL OF LIES ... SHE CORRUPTED HER ENTIRE MARRIAGE AND FAMILY.. JUST BY TELLING ONE LIE.. (in my opinion) ...
I commented on Xhenete, Henry and Azariah blogs
ReplyDeleteI agree with you when you tall about Nora and Helmer's relationship. He treats her like an helpless child. I think its unfair.
ReplyDelete